The Grosvenor School of Modern Art located at 33 Warwick Square, Pimlico, London was opened in 1925 by Claude Flight and Iain MacNab.
Flight taught the art lino-cutting and MacNab taught wood engraving. taught students to produce multi-colour linocut prints by using different blocks for each colour. Flight’s work celebrated the speed, movement, and hustle of modern life in the 1920s and 30s, with dominant themes of sport and transport. Other teachers included Cyril Power who lectured on architecture, Sybil Andrews acted as Secretary and Lill Tschudi and William Greengrass attended. Students from Australia included Dorrit Black and Eveline Syme, Ethel Spowers. Spowers, in particular, was influential in promoting the Grosvenor School in Australia by organising exhibitions. In 1929 Flight staged the first exhibition of British lino cuts and the BM and V&A purchased prints for their collection. By the mid-1930s interest had begun to decline and Flight held his final exhibition at Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery in 1939. The work of the Grosvenor School of Modern Art can now be found in the collections of the Museum of Modern Art, New York, the National Gallery of Australia and the Glenbow Museum in Calgary to mention a few.